The founding MFH Partners came from the firm of Long & Jaudon where each had practiced for a number of years. When Long & Jaudon closed its doors in August 2001, Mike, Cindy, Walter, Jim, and Traci joined forces to create McConnell Siderius Fleischner Houghtaling & Craigmile, LLC (MSFHC). MSFHC opened its doors on October 1, 2001 and has been going strong ever since. MSFHC’s first location was in Lodo at Platte & 15th Streets. In 2004, MSFHC moved to the Denver Tech Center near I-25 & Belleview.
In 2011, the firm changed its name to McConnell Fleischer Houghtaling, LLC (MFH). In 2012, Robert Steinmetz became a partner. As MFH, we continue to serve the litigation needs of our clients successfully.
At McConnell Fleischner Houghtaling, LLC, we strive to maintain the highest possible levels of integrity, provide outstanding personal service and work hard to produce solid results.
Our team values community involvement and social responsibility as an important part of our personal and professional development. At MFH, we feel that this committment represents an opportunity to help shape the communities we live in and care about, and to promote the values that we have built our practice on, such as excellence, leadership, accountability, and generosity. Every member of our team contributes to a wide range of professional and local organizations through volunteerism, education, and sponsorship. McConnell Fleischner Houghtaling, LLC has also been an active sponsor of the Corporate Work Study program at Arrupe Jesuit High School since the program started in 2004.
What We've Achieved
- Ranked on several occasions in the U.S. News and World Report and Best Lawyers in the Best Law Firm category, and with several of our partners ranking in their practice areas as Best Lawyers.
- Traci Van Pelt named 2018 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year for Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants.
- We have partners who have served or are currently serving on committees with the Colorado Bar Association including Ethics and Professional Liability. Several of our attorneys have been actively involved in drafting new proposed rules and ethics opinions for the Ethics Committee.
- Mike McConnell and Cindy Fleischner have been selected as members of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
- Mike McConnell has been a fellow of the American College of trial Lawyers since 2000.
- Several of our attorneys participate in professional education and facilitate lectures throughout the community on topics such as; legal ethics, professional conduct & liability, and professional malpractice.
- Annual sponsor of Disability Law Colorado's Attorney's Night Out - An event that helps support the valuable work that DLC does, and offsets the costs of the services they can provide to clients needing advocacy, protection, and more affordable legal assistance.